These bundles of gorgeousness arrived today!
And I’m in a dilemma… and wanting some advice.
I want to use some of that bundle of gorgeousness above (it’s Simple Abundance by Bonnie and Camille by the way) to make the bundle of gorgeousness below (Mountain Rose from The Encyclopedia of Classic Quilt Patterns).
When I ordered the fabric online I was imagining that I would use a similar colour scheme, the pink print for the main fabric, the red for centre and buds and the green for the well the green bits! Except when I was checking out the fabric I kinda liked the look of the yellow, so got some of that too…
And it’s now having arrived, I’m really liking the yellow, and the pink not so much! Well, that’s not true, it’s lovely but I’m not sure that it’s the look I’m going for, I think it’s a bit pale – the red pin dots on the yellow are enchanting…
BUT… do I want to do a quilt with that much yellow in it?
So, my questions:
- Do I stick with my original plan – pink flower, red centre/buds, green leaves?
- Do I change to yellow flower, red centre/buds, green leaves?
- Do I do red flowers, with yellow centres/buds, green leaves?
- OR some combination of both – i.e. yellow and pink flowers, or alternate red and yellow flowers.
For your info:
- Background is going to be plain white – Moda Bella (which I love)
- Blocks are 9 inches finished, and that flower is big – applique goes to edges of block though its set with plain blocks between
- I’ve bought enough of the red to also do binding – but am sticking with the plain border on the design…
So what do you think? If I can’t decide I may make a test block up of each…